***UPDATE Monday 16 November – The second batch of vouchers will be released this afternoon. The first batch ran out in hours so we recommend getting a voucher as soon as possible***
Register for a voucher here https://fixyourbikevoucherscheme.est.org.uk/
We’re excited to be part of the new Government Fix Your Bike Scheme as a registered cycle repair shop. The scheme provides vouchers for £50 worth of labour and parts to make a bike roadworthy and fit for purpose. The Government have allocated a minimum of £2m towards the project.
The scheme has been set up to encourage more people in England to embrace cycling, to boost the number of low carbon, low pollution trips, and to promote an alternative to private cars and public transport, particularly while social distancing measures are in place.
With our company vision “To create communities that are fitter and healthier by using cycles to build a better urban environment for people to live and work” we recognise this is a fantastic opportunity to get more people riding.
How to register and book with us:
It just takes a few minutes to register for a voucher via the Energy Saving Trust website here:
You’ll also need to book into our workshop and mention you have a voucher at time of booking. This can be by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) , phone (01223 789606) or through our website:
What you need to bring when dropping and collecting your bike:
We will need to see your voucher and you must bring valid photo ID with proof address both when you drop off and when you collect – we can’t release the bike without seeing ID as a condition of the scheme. The simplest way is a driving license photo card with address.
Otherwise, another form of photographic identification either:
– National identity card (non-UK),
– Residence permit
– Bank card, building society card or credit union current account card
– Armed forces identity card
plus one of the following, less than 3 months old, paper or electronic:
– utility bill,
– council tax bill,
– mortgage statement,
– council/housing association rent card,
– benefit book.
Eligibility and what we can repair for you:
The cycle owner must be over 18
The repairs must be necessary to make cycles roadworthy and fit for purpose, this may include:
– Repair or replace tyres, tubes, wheels and related components
– Adjust, repair or replace braking system components
– Adjust, repair or replace transmission system components.
– Repair or replace other essential components which prevent safe use of the cycle e.g. deteriorated grips or saddle
– Repair or replacement of components for permanently fitted lighting systems
Repairs which are NOT eligible:
– replacement or upgrade of existing safe and roadworthy components
– replacement or repair of removeable lighting accessories
- Vouchers will cover up to £50 per cycle towards the Eligible Repairs and parts that need replacement as part of the Eligible Repairs. The cycle owner will need to pay
the remainder cost if the cost is greater than £50.
- If the cost of the service is below £50, the voucher will only cover for the effective cost of the transaction (less than £50).
- A maximum of 1 voucher can be claimed per customer address (previously 2).
- Vouchers must be valid at point of redemption.