Join our mechanic instructor for a cycle maintenance demonstration on day-to-day maintenance and checks for cargo bikes. The workshop is aimed at both families and businesses and aims to equip participants with how to safety check their bike, how to assess wear and how to fix a puncture.
The course has been funded by Cambridge County Council as part of their City Changer Cargo Bike project. Courses are running on Sunday 13 February, 11am-1pm and Thursday 24 February 5-7pm.
To book onto the workshop please visit our Eventbrite listing HERE.
• Introduction outlining the topics covered, and different uses of cargo bikes
• Safety check of bike, covering basic ABCD pre-ride check, and then more thorough safety check based on the traditional “M” check.
• Brake pad wear check
• How to deal with Punctures, covering prevention, and front wheel removal and wheel installation on a two wheel cargo bike.
• Emergency Repair Kit for cargo bikes
• Cleaning and lubrication
• Storage of bike
• Good practice for Battery charging
• Frequency of Servicing
Please note we will be demonstrating on one of our cargo bikes so no need to bring one along. There is plenty of bike parking if you want to ride yours to the venue though!
Covid-19 Distancing measures: Please note we require all participants to wear a mask throughout the course and whenever inside the building. We will have the training workshop windows open for ventilation so please ensure you dress warm. Please do not attend the event if you or anyone in your household has Covid-19 symptoms or have tested positive in the last 10 days.
Cancellations: places are free but limited. Please only book if you are committed to attend. Please note we reserve the right to charge a fee of £20 if you have booked but fail to attend or cancel last minute without good reason. This fee will be donated to charity.
Please note participants must be 18 years or over